The third of our video interviews reflecting on American musicology features Simon Morrison, the noted Prokofiev specialist, reflecting on his recent work in Russia toward a history of the Bolshoi. He is interviewed by Peter Schmelz.
- 00:20 working in Moscow and St. Petersburg archives
- 04:30 the Bolshoi project and local reaction to it
- 07:00 the true story of Feodor Feodorovich Feodorovsky
- 12:40 being managed
- 14:45 local reaction to chapter 1
- 16:45 the Lina Prokofiev book in Russian
- 17:30 Donetsk: Prokofiev and the Ukraine
- 23:15 Tchaikovsky's sexuality; American “perversion” of the story
- 26:00 Repatriating Rachmaninov
author Q&A HERE). “Emperor Putin's War on the Truth” appeared in the New York Times on 2 October 2014.